Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Iced Coffee "Recipe"


With all the warm weather we have been having, I wanted to share with you my iced coffee recipe.

Though, I don't really consider it a recipe...it is more of a solution.


First of all, you are going to need some coffee ice cubes. When there is leftover coffee (if ever) pour it into an iced cube tray instead of throwing it out. I keep mine in the freezer in a ziploc bag and just keep filling the tray. Even if you have just a little bit of coffee left over, freeze it. Accumulate these babies one cube at a time if you have to.


Here is my version of iced coffee:

1. Fill my glass with coffee ice cubes.


2. Pour in some half and half. (I don't measure, but it's about 1/4 cup for a glass this size.)


3. Sprinkle in some sugar. Since sugar dissolves best in hot coffee, I usually pour the hot coffee in a mug and add my sugar to the mug. Then I pour the hot coffee from the mug to my glass.

4. Guzzle. Drink. Enjoy. Make another.


If you don't have coffee ice cubes yet, just make pot of strong coffee (add an extra scoop or so of grounds) and use regular ice cubes. But this solves two problems: One- I don't like to throw away coffee, especially expensive coffee. And Two- sometimes I need my coffee fast through a straw. Or what about when I just want a cold coffee!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I will be trying it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally made your iced coffee recipe using the ice cubes and it was excellent! I used fat free white chocolate mocha creamer and it was fantastic! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is genius! I make ice coffee everyday it is the only way I drink it and it has been in around 105 lately and my coffee keeps getting watered down thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...