Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another Day...Another Grill Towel: Blue on Blue

Now this one actually was my husband's favorite one. It had all of his favorite colors- blue and blue, oh and grey.

On Monday, I posted a tutorial on how to make a grill towel and everyday this week I am posting variations of the first. I know this is a gift husband would use because he always needs to wipe his hands off when he is out there grilling. It could be raw meat on his hands, BBQ sauce, something fell, who knows.

I wanted to share with you all of my iterations of the Grillin' Towel because...1) I never come up with a good man-craft idea...and 2)I finally found a man-craft idea that my husband actually likes! I don't know. Maybe you have the same man-craft block that I do. Anyway...

Here is how I made this towel:

  • this design is very similar to the one I posted on Monday
  • the fabric strip is a blue oxford shirt fabric, 100% cotton
  • grey single fold bias tape
  • the patch is another iron-on mending patch I found in the notions section
  • freezer paper stencil "bbq" after I ironed the patch to the towel.
  • grommet is at the center of the towel left edge
  • I got all crazy and used blue thread for my topstitching, which I was surprised didn't make my husband think it was "too messy"


Also, I thought it might help if I showed you what the patches I have been using look like.

I really just stumbled upon them at at my fabric store. Do you see the ones I used Monday, yesterday, and today? Lots of possibilities for those in the future, too.

I was wondering if these ideas are inspiring you or confusing you? Thanks for looking!!
Linked here:
Somewhat Simple

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! I'm giving hubby new BBQ tools for Father's Day and I hope I can get around to making this for him! Oh and the grommet is genius!

    I'm linking to this as one of my favorite things from the week!

    Kaleigh from Lotte Lu and Brother Too

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...