Monday, October 24, 2011

{Bucket List}:: #28 Zucchini Fritters - made and eaten!

Yes, I really did scratch another one off my Craft Bucket List!  Woot woot!


This one, I know is kinda weird for a bucket list...I mean, it's zucchini!  But, I really like zucchini.  I do wonder if it has anything to do with the one summer, when I was a kid, when the zucchini from our garden were the size of your thigh!!  And we had tons of them!  I remember we started calling them "zukes" for short.  My mom cooked it every which way possible.  She even hid it in recipes just so it wouldn't go to waste.  We had enough zucchini bread in our freezer to feed every family on our street (if we shared, that is! YUM!)  Maybe that's why I like it.  Or, maybe it is that zucchini is such a neutral flavored veggie that I can pair it with any kind of meal.  Ok, that and the zucchini bread!


But I was really excited to see a *new* way to cook up my favorite squash.  Kelly at Creating a Family Home posted this very easy zucchini recipe and I just could not resist.  The basic recipe was simple:  zucchini, breadcrumbs, eggs, herbs of your choice, and garlic.


So, Completed:  #28. Zucchini Fritters {@ Creating a Family Home}
This is what mine looked like mixed up.  Probably a little too wet.  I had a giant zucchini so I added more breadcrumbs.  Then to compensate for the dryness, I added an extra egg.  Maybe it was too much.

Here is a round of fritters in the pan...

And here are some burnt-looking fritters with a meatball sub.  They were not burnt tasting though!  They were really good.  I really tried not to brown them up but I couldn't help it.  It doesn't bother me, but my son always complains if food has black on it (even grilled hot dogs).


I just picked up a 3-pack of zucchini today at the store for 99 cents!  I bet I will make these again this week.   I am happy to have a new side dish to add to my repertoire!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!

    I was awarded the Liebster Award for 'Up and Coming Blogs' and in return, selected YOUR BLOG as an up and coming blog!

    Stop by to learn about the award, and pass it on to our fellow bloggers :)

    http://thedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...