Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat

Did you go trick or treating?  I took the kids around the neighborhood.

They crack me up!

We went along our street and then made "the big loop" back home.  We took a new route this year, skipping the next street over (which would have made the "small loop" around).  But it seems that in the past two years so many houses in our neighborhood, and especially on that street, turn their lights off and don't hand out candy.  It is a lot of work for the kids- they walk past three dark houses before getting a participating house for a bit of candy.  I don't know about you, but I have lots of FUN memories from Trick-or-Treating on Halloween when I was a kid.

We got a little over halfway and the kids declared an end to trick or treat 2011.  Fine by me!  I was carrying my little Anakin Skywalker most of the time anyway.  Their buckets were full and I think they were just excited to see what they got!

Then you know what I do when we get home...I probably shouldn't even say...but I go through the kids' candy and take all the candy they won't eat and I put it back in our bowl to hand out to trick-or-treators.  I have done this for three years straight.  And we still throw away Halloween candy months later that wasn't eaten.

Also, pretty proud of myself for this...This is the first year that I didn't eat a whole bag of candy before Halloween.  Seriously.  We normally buy our candy early and then I hide it.  But then I would raid my own stash everyday and eat all the kitkats or twix before Halloween even rolls around.  I haven't even craved it this year.  Don't know why.  Maybe because my jean already don't fit.  Motivation enough.

These pumpkins were just incredible!  The woman who made them, said only a few were real and the rest were foam pumpkins.  I couldn't tell which was which.  She had several more lining her walkway.  I stopped to admire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...